Everyone could use a cozy little area dedicated to curling up with a good book. Here are the things you’ll need to create your very own reading nook:
* The perfect spot – Ask yourself if natural light is a must, and if you’ve got enough room for a comfy chair + a floor lamp or accent table.
* A comfy chair – A reading nook is the perfect spot to try out that funky pattern or interesting color. Have fun with it.
* An accent table – Finding a vintage or antique option OR something with a unique shape/color will help make your nook special.
* A lamp – If you’ve got a big enough accent table, try a table lamp. If you’re pressed for table space, go with a floor lamp. Remember, the light should be coming from over your shoulder, so make sure you position your lamp that way.
* A rug – A small rug can perfectly define a stand-alone space such as a ready corner.
* Books (and maybe a place to store them, like a cabinet or bookshelf) – This one doesn’t need much explaining!
* Cozy Stuff – A reading nook wouldn’t be right without some soft throw blankets and fluffy pillows.
Now that you’ve gathered your items, here are some inspiration photos to help you set your space up:
Bright and Cheery. via Apartment Therapy
Rustic. via Decorica Blog
Romantic. Jennifer Davis Interiors, via Decor Pad
Bold. Laura Stein Interiors, via The Nest
And finally, here is a little mood board we put together of a reading nook, WE would like to have!
And just for good measure…here’s a reading nook that we recently created for a client!